[ut2004] System lockups

Ian Hastie ianh at iahastie.clara.net
Tue May 25 09:24:23 EDT 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 20:33, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> I put the tar.bz2 file under my ut2004 directory (ut's root directory)
> and then simply issue tar jxf <patchfile>.tar.bz2, the directories will
> be updated with the contents of the archive.

This doesn't seem right to me.  The beta and final 3204 patches have the new
files in subdirectories of UT2004-Patch.  If you just extract it the way you
describe you should end up with a new directory, called UT2004-Patch, and the
old files still in place.  The following one line command should work for
bash shell users.  Run it in the ut root directory after unpacking the tar
file.

for src in `find UT2004-Patch -type f` ; do mv $src ${src#*/} ; done

UT2004-Patch and it's subdirectories can then be deleted.  Finally AMD64 users
need to rename the 64-bit binaries in System to replace the 32-bit ucc-bin
and ut2004-bin.

--
Ian.