[ut2004] System lockups

rick zajelo3 at cfl.rr.com
Mon May 24 20:01:00 EDT 2004

Xipher wrote:

> That would be how I did this, worked fine, but make sure the contents
> of that folder and every thing below is the correct permissions, like
> in Slackware it would be games.
>
> Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>
>> I put the tar.bz2 file under my ut2004 directory (ut's root
>> directory) and then simply issue tar jxf <patchfile>.tar.bz2, the
>> directories will be updated with the contents of the archive.

    We'll, I kind of feel like I'm chasing my tail on this one. I've
tried reinstalling 3 times and still have the same problem. Last time I
noticed this error: "KBuildsycoca is unable to register with DCOP...
kbuildsycoca is running". KBuildsycoca is a KDE app but I use Gnome. I
googled around but couldn't find any clues as to whether I should have
KBuildsycoca running while installing under Gnome. Any ideas?

                TIA
                   Rick B