[ut2004] ATI laptop under FC-2 fglrx problem -- see screenshot

agno at AI.SRI.COM agno at AI.SRI.COM
Sun May 9 11:07:00 EDT 2004

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 10:47:32AM -0400, stuartb at thelinuxlink.net wrote:
> I wonder if I would have luck with the radeon dri driver from X instead of
> the ati fglrx drivers.

I would suspect that you would get better performance from the ATI
driver, but if the X driver supports your card, give it a shot.

> I may be interested in a 500 watt power supply for the next gen NVIDIA
> card instead of an ATI. I keep hearing how bad the ati drivers are. I have
> even had suspend and dpms issues on a Win XP box with an ATI 9600. My
> NVIDIA boxes all work fine under Win2k, XP, gentoo, fedora or whatever.

Yeah, I regret going with the default when I set up my machine--I
should've gone with the NVidia card.  On the other hand, I think it
works for most people, and I'm surprised you see that bug all the time.
When i was getting it, it would happen infrequently--say, every 10 hours
worth of playing.

Andrew.