ATI laptop under FC-2 fglrx problem -- see screenshot

stuartb at thelinuxlink.net stuartb at thelinuxlink.net
Sun May 9 09:42:42 EDT 2004

I am using Fedora Core2 test 3 with my own custom 2.6.5 kernel.
I have fglrx-4.3.0-3.7.6 rpm installed and xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU-6.7.0-0.5
I don't seem to have the Mesa GL rpm installed. I remember something about
a conflict when I installed the ATI binary drivers. I am using X.org as
supplied by FC2-test3 on an IBM laptop with a Radeon Mobility 9000 chip.
I get about 1100 FPS running glxgears and 190 FPS with fgl_glxgears both
with 24bit color at 1400x1050 native LCD resolution.
I tried the ut2004 linux demo before I loaded my CD full game and I got an
unplayable mess which someone (**Cough *Ryan* **Cough**) who knows Linux
3D graphics could probably diagnose without any more info.
I can play tuxracer and other bundled 3d games like Chromium.
see the 100k jpg screenshot attached.
Thanks,
Stuart