[ut2004] ESD running during game?

Rick B zajelo3 at cfl.rr.com
Thu May 6 21:27:56 EDT 2004

Xipher wrote:

> Nope, UT2004 doesn't use it at all, what Window manager are you using
> though, as it might be calling it. I know gnome uses it often times.
>
> Rick B wrote:
>
>>     Anybody know if the "enlightenment sound daemon" should be
>> running during ut2004? It isn't normally running on my box, just
>> during and after playing the game it hangs around. Sound seems to
>> work fine though.
>>
>>                TIA
>>                   Rick B

    Yeah, that the WM I'm using. I'm wondering if I need esd for
anything since I use ALSA? If not I'd like to remove it. Is there anyway
to make it not start during the game? It's just one more thing I don't
need running. By the way, how do you start ut2004 without a window
manager? I've read about that before but don't know how.

                TIA
                   Rick B