[ut2004] ut2004 on linux PPC?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun May 2 01:26:07 EDT 2004

> Well, client and server can run on different machines, so why not in different
> threads? AFAIK in multiplayer bots and physics are handled by the server
> anyway. So why not use a lightweight server thread locally, even in
> single-player games?

We might, in a future engine revision (not ut2004).

It's been suggested that dual CPU machines might see a boost from running
the dedicated server and client on one box, even for "instant action"
games, but I haven't tried.

Please note that the client does some physics calculation, server or not.

--ryan.