[ut2004] German Linux version censored?

nurgle at gmx.de nurgle at gmx.de
Mon Mar 29 14:26:26 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 01:06:08PM -0500, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> Linux build is identical on all discs. It is not censored, even on the
> German-only DVD.

Nice.

> I think the only difference from a linux standpoint is the installer
> might advertise language options that aren't there (but don't quote me
> on that). German should definitely work, even though the prompt defaults
> to English.

Hopefully english works. I really tried to get used to the german
speaker in UT2003, but the english voice is so much cooler. Chances are
I won't even try a german install in UT2004 if english is available. ;-)

No offence. I think Epic has done a good job in translating UT2003, but
"Killing Spree", etc. really does not translate to german. I wonder how
it sounds like in french. >;-)

cheers, thanks for the info and thanks for the port,
Andreas Micklei