[ut2004] missing eyecandy with openGL?

Felix Maibaum f.maibaum at web.de
Mon Mar 29 11:10:38 EST 2004

Am Monday 29 March 2004 13:06 schrieb Ryan C. Gordon:

> Headlights (well, dynamic lighting in general) will be in the next
> patch. I disabled dynamic lights, regardless of what the options menu
> says, right before going gold because of a nasty rendering bug, which
> has since been fixed. This is true on Mac and Linux.
>
> Detailed shadows will hopefully make it into a later patch. The reason
> we don't have them is because the render-to-texture GL extensions all
> suck. However, recent SDL versions hide a lot of the nastiness, so it
> might make it into the game...no promises yet, though, as it might take
> a lot of work in OpenGLDrv in spite of SDL's additions.

Great! I'm really looking forward to it! When is the patch due?

> > Suddenly id looks that much better for coding opengl start to finish :-)
>
> First person who says ut2004 uses a "Direct3D to OpenGL wrapper" gets a
> boot in the ass.

No one did and no one will, we could all just use winex if that was so.
Nevertheless, it would make your work a lot easier if the whole project used
OpenGL to begin with, wouldn't it? Although you wouldn't deserve as much
credit as you do now... :)

--Felix