[ut2004] missing eyecandy with openGL?

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Mon Mar 29 11:27:34 EST 2004

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Matthew Arnold wrote:
>
>> Just a datapoint: I have the DVD version of the game which I installed
>> via my LG DVD/CD-RW combo drive. I'm using it as a straight ATAPI
>> drive without ide-scsi emulation.
>>
>> Matt
>>
> With a 2.6 kernel? scsi-emu is best for 2.4, since 2.6 has much better
> ATAPI support than 2.4 in my case the performance with ATAPI in 2.6 is
> slightly faster than SCSI in 2.4. But SCSI-emu in 2.6 is almost half the
> speed of SCSI-emu in 2.4; go figure...

Yep, 2.6.3 with Slackware 9.0 as I previously mentioned. One of the nice
things about the 2.6.x kernel is that they got DMA transfers to finally
work right with CD drives. I can actually burn a CD-R at full speed now!
IMO, the improved ATAPI CD driver is one of the best features of the new
kernel series. It also enabled me to get Mt. Rainier support working
with my drive. Of course, this is beginning to stray from the point . . .

Matt