[ut2004] No love with linux installer

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Mar 21 18:00:26 EST 2004

> Go ahead and do it, but what you describe doesn't sound newbie-friendly
> and it certainly doesn't sound any easier than the Loki installer. The
> DVD version of the game took a grand total of seven minutes to install
> for me (and that was with fumbling around trying to type in the CD key)
> and involved typing one single command.

In this guy's defense, it looks like he used the curses frontend instead
of the GTK one (perhaps because he su'd to root and didn't have access to
the X server?), which is, uh, kinda flakey. It's meant to be a desperation
fallback when there aren't pretty graphics, and it's not really a great
experience.

--ryan.