[ut2004] probelm with UT2004Demo on IBM R40 with Readon7500 Mobile

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Sun Mar 21 14:42:56 EST 2004

Matthias Bach wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Am Freitag, 19. März 2004 02:16 schrieb Ryan C. Gordon:
>

>>>There is no output of the game to the standard console. Does anybody have
>>>an idea what I can do to solve the problem?
>>>

>>Buggy drivers; please nag the DRI developers, as there isn't anything I
>>can do to remedy this on my end.
>>

>Sad, but you are probably right. Does anybody know which drivers I can install
>on that card? When I searched at ATI all I found was drivers for the
>9000-series.
>
>thanx
>Matthias

Yes, you are correct. The DRI drivers are the ones that can provide you
with OpenGL acceleration support for your card in Linux, because the ATi
binary dirver was originally made for the FireGL product family (that
starting with R200 shared HW specs with the Radeon 8500+ cards). Maybe
the latest DRI driver may help you a bit with this. They have very good
support, but lack on (ATi's) /strategic/ areas (such no HyperZ support,
no FSAA, no AF, not as fast as Windows drivers T&L, etc, etc). Still you
may give them a try. Go to dri.sourceforge.net and give them a try.
<dri.sourceforge.net>