[ut2004] Benchmarking .. HOW?

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Sat Mar 13 10:16:31 EST 2004

Mark Limburg wrote:

> I've been googling around, but just can't find a way to do any real
> benchmarking with UT2004 and Linux
>
> Can I just ask how .. make life somewhat easier ...

In ut2004demo/Benchmark, create a file called botmatch-rankin.sh using
your favorite text editor with these contents:

#!/bin/sh
../ut2004demo
dm-rankin?spectatoronly=true?numbots=12?quickstart=true?attractcam=true
-benchmark -seconds=77 -ini=default.ini
-exec=../Benchmark/Stuff/botmatchexec.txt $*

Then in ut2004/Benchmark/Stuff create a file called botmatchexec.txt
with these contents:

showhud
ship

Then run botmatch-rankin.sh. The results will show up in
~/.ut2004demo/Benchmark/Results

Enjoy!
   Matt