[ut2004] Unrealed under linux?

Joel Wiramu Pauling aenertia at aenertia.net
Sun Jun 27 22:16:30 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 10:08, Paul wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 12:45, Aaron Gyes wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 13:34 -0400, [Apoc]Death wrote:
> > > That's great news, Ryan!!
> > >
> > > I assume the next UT "installment" will be using UE3, but is such a thing
> > > targeted for release next year?  Or is that still in the land of "Who the
> > > hell knows"?  ;)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Rob
> >
> > From what I read it looks like there wont be any games powered by it
> > until 2006-ish.
>
> Yeah I would not expect it any sooner than that,
>
> I would much rather have a game released "when it's ready" and not have
> a badly running POS game.  It hurts the franchise to release a buggy
> game, which Epic seems to be very interested in protecting.
>
> Paul

Hmm I disagree, I think epic should release early to the linux crowd...
We tend to report bugs and be alot more tollerant of faults, this way
they get feedback from the community and beta testers free. Windows user
wait, that way they protect there franchise, and score points with the
linux community.

Dunno my 3 cents,

I think it's great the next version of unreal ed will be linux
compatible, will it be backwards compatible? or is that a silly question
to ask given what you've said already?.

Kind regards

Joel