unreal tournament 2004 and mandrake

Craig Stein stein12c at uregina.ca
Sun Jul 18 08:32:21 EDT 2004

Hi,
having troubles with Unreal tournament 2004 under Mandrake 10.0. I
install it no problem by copying the linux-installer.sh into my temp
directory, unmounting the CD and running the install script.

However once it is all installed I go to run it in the ut2004 dir by
typing ./ut2004 and the spash screen comes up but then it crashes with
the following error in the console:
Missing symbols - aborting

History:

Exiting due to error

It was supposed to install a shortcut to my KDE menu but it doesn't.
even when I restart X. This seems to work just fine for everyone else
who installs it so why is it crashing for me?

tia,
Craig