[ut2004] Freezes with patch 3236-1

Robert Larkin mani at clan-mb.net
Tue Jul 13 18:01:39 EDT 2004

Julien Herbin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I bought UT2k4 a few months ago, and the first release just worked
> perfectly. I applied the first patch and that was still ok. Butthan
> with the last 3236-1 patch (I installed the regular 3236 first), my
> box just keeps freezing. So, I reinstalled the whole thing tonight,
> skipping the first patch and the second first release one, but it's
> exactly the same.
>
> I'm running a Debian Sarge on an Athlon XP 2800+ / GeForce FX 5900 XT
> with the nvidia driver as a module.
> I took a look at the logs, but it looks fine.
>
> A friend of mine reported the same problem.
>
> Can someone help ?
> Thanks,
> Julien

man.  Everytime I work up the courage to upgrade from 3204 I see a
message like this one.  I want to upgrade my servers too, the ladder my
clan is on have started requiring the latest patch for both server and
client.  I see some people reporting problems and others saying it works
just fine for them.  I'll upgrade tonight and post results.  I think it
would it help if we started a "works for me thread" where the message
body contains system info only and an opposing "broken for me thread"
that also contains the same.

Would that be a waste of time or useful?  Ryan?

Rob