[ut2004] Missing 640x480 resolution

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Thu Feb 19 10:30:12 EST 2004

Marco Canini wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm using opengl renderer and at 800x600 the game is too slow in my hw
> configuration.
> i've a geforce 5200 fx however, unlike in ut2003, 640x480 is not listed
> in available resolutions.
> any ideas?
> tell me what kind of info you need
>
> and btw at 800x600 the vert refresh is set to the insane value of 56 hz,
> how can i control it?

Both bugs are likely (the latter definitely is, the former might be)
related to a problem between XFree86 4.3 and SDL 1.2.5. The only fix is
to install SDL 1.2.6 and move the demo's libSDL-1.2.so.0 out of the
ut2004/System directory. This bug will also affect UT2K3, Neverwinter
Nights, etc. Basically any game that depends on SDL.

Oddly enough, I run my system with a GeForce3 Ti200 at 800x600 and it
works fine for me. "Too slow" is a relative term.

Matt