[ut2004] Can't find 'ini:Engiine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Sun Feb 15 14:23:00 EST 2004

Brennan Chesteine wrote:

>Hello all I am getting this error when I try to start
>UT2004.
>
>Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in
>configuration file
>
>I had the same problem with Postal but I never wanted
>to play it bad bad to try and fix it.
>
>I have a pretty stock system
>Fedora Core 1
>Kernel 2.6.3-rc3
>NVIDIA 4200ti 5336 driver
>
>It looks like my unrel *.ini file is just blank.
>

>Thanks for any help in advance!

>Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online.
>http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

Have you tried looking at $HOME/.ut2004demo/System/UT2004.ini? That file
should be a copy of your default (main installation directory)
UT2004.ini file, and should have been created the first time you start
the application. Maybe you can make the entire tree the game creates
upon lauch:

mkdir ~/.ut2004demo/
mkdir~/.ut2004demo/System
mkdir~/.ut2004demo/ScreenShots (if you ever take/took one).

Just copy your /wherever/you/installed/UT2004demo/System/UT2004.ini file
to ~/.ut2004demo/System and start tweaking it (either from within the
game or with your favourite text editor ;)