[ut2004] Carball and UT2k4

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Mon Aug 16 00:36:34 EDT 2004

Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

>Has anyone gotten the CarBall mod working with the linux version?
>
>http://nzue.skankyflat.net/cb/home.htm
>
>I have tried both the ZIP and the UMod method, and none of them seem to
>work. The module just never appears in the dropdown list in the game.
>Any suggestions?

A long shot, but maybe the mod installs some "native functions"? These
are dynamically linked libraries to use with a .u module, but they are
in the form of .dll files. AFAIK there is a way to translate them into
.so files, but the problem is that the library won't load or will crash
the game upon load... I've been looking myself for a way to do this (to
no avail) for another mod for UT99 (which lacks the make commandlet in
ucc-bin), maybe this is the problem with this mod? (I'll have a look at
it anyways)