[ut2004] Tweaking Linux for playing games

Bob Sanders rmsand at concentric.net
Fri Aug 6 21:24:46 EDT 2004

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 18:17:26 -0500
Gian Paolo Mureddu <Thetargos at tutopia.com> wrote:

> best *for me* is XFCE4. It is both ligh weighted and VERY functional.
> Some people call it the light weight GNOME or GNOME's little brother,
> since it's based on GTK+. It has all the goodies from GNOME when it
> comes to confiugrability and customizability and also is blazing fast!,
> the downside is that if you are used to an Explorer-like file manager
> (Konqueror, Nautilus), the XFFM is a little sour.

For an "Explorer-like" file manager, try - rox, and couple it with a
lightweight browser such as - dillo.

You'll have to set run actions for file types in rox, but that's a small
annoyance.  Also, for the lightweight window managers, add - menumaker,
which makes your menus for you.  Running is simple - mmaker fluxbox

Bob
--
-
Are you living in the real world?