[ut2004] ut2004 on linux PPC?

Thomas Otto 3.1415926535897932384626433832 at gmx.net
Fri Apr 23 07:14:44 EDT 2004

> Is there a chance the above is going to happen?
> I don't even know if there are decent OpenGL drivers for Linux PowerPC, but I
> was toying with the idea of buying a powerbook. So could I play on that with
> my favourite OS?

No chance - even if Ryan compiles it on Linux/PPC, the best OpenGL
iimplementation for that platform is IIRC for 7500+ class Radeon cards
based on specs ATI released quite a while ago (my iBook G3 has such a
card and quake2 is playable). OpenGL with Nvidia cards is a total no-go
for Linux/PPC despite the quality x86 CSS drivers from this company.

        -Thomas