[ut2004] Voice chat

Tom Richards tom at g13net.com
Thu Apr 22 13:52:42 EDT 2004

> I bring this up because everyone's flinch reaction is to swap out the
> LGPL'd libraries now, and it's actually causing more problems than it's
> solving for many people. Like, "I had a crash, so I changed out SDL.
> Game still crashes." or "I stubbed my toe when I got out of bed this
> morning, so I swapped out the openal.so in my ut2004 install. Toe still
> hurts."
>
> --ryan.

My UT2k4 crashed before and after I swapped the SDL...I think i'm gonna put the old one back in.  I do get random crashes,
its very hard to pin point whats causing...i probably
should look at the crash log sometime lol.  Knowning that i'm not supposed to hear myself will help me mess around with the sound issues...
i dont think its in the wrong port...in the alsa mixer if i turn off the mic volume i no longer hear something out the mic...
oh well, but thank you for your help

Tom