"Black snow" artifacts during AS maps flyby?

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Wed Apr 14 20:30:26 EDT 2004

    Hi all (yea, yet again another thing to report). I've noticed some
"black snow" effect on various Assault maps during flyby. At first I
thought it was due to my video card drivers (I was suing an ATi card
with ATi's drivers 3.2.9-6), so I held them as the culprit. But I also
noticed the _same_ effect on my friend's computer with a GeForce Ti4600
and drivers 4496 and 4620. My question here is why do these effects only
affect the flyby and not the rest of the map once you start playing...
I'm curious really, since the "problem" does not cause any perfromance
issues or crashes or futher artifacting...