[ut2004] amd64/Radeon possible?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Tue Apr 6 10:09:41 EDT 2004

> Though it says "for good performance" not "in order to run".
>        The most ominous looking part of the log is a large number of

We used to require S3TC support in earlier ut2003 versions, but now we
have a fallback in the newer versions (and all version of ut2004), since
MacOS X didn't support S3TC when we first started the port.

That's not to say the drivers will be up to snuff in other ways, though.

> Is this a bug, a known issue with the DRI drivers that I have to wait
> for ATI to release proprietary drivers for, or a misconfiguration on my
> part?

Buggy DRI drivers. As far as AMD64 goes, I'm not sure what to tell you.

--ryan.