[ut2004] any ways to get more performance?

Chris Lack ixion at linuxpusher.com
Sun Apr 4 13:41:28 EDT 2004

On 04 Apr 2004 10:02:22 -0700
Mark Ivey <zovirl1_list at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone can help me get more performance from UT2004
> under linux.  Some maps play fine but some, like DM-Gestalt, have much
> lower framerate in linux than windows (for me, at least).  I've already
> tried stopping all unneccessary services on my machine (httpd, sshd,
> samba, etc.) and run in a bare X session (no gnome, kde, etc.).  This
> gives a little boost, but not enough.  Any other ideas?
>
> -Mark Ivey-

Switching to hidden weapons will give you a small performance boost.  If you're using nvidia hardware try enabling fast writes and sidebanding if your card/mobo supports it (check the three files in /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/).  In 2k3 I found enabling fast writes gave me a very noticable performance boost on maps with a lot of vertex data.

Chris