[ut2004] CD Key

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Apr 4 01:11:25 EST 2004

> Even dedicated servers?  That seems a little harsh.

We give out cdkeys for free for dedicated server use; we just need them
to have a unique key for identification purposes (i.e. - how many linux
vs windows vs mac servers are running, etc).

I don't have the URL handy, but you go to a webpage, it generates a key
and mails it to you, and flags it in the master server's database as
being server-only. The server itself is a free download, too. You don't
need to pay a dime to Epic or Atari to run a server.

--ryan.