[ut2004] Strange text-to-speech issues: Same Here.

Jeff Craig craig at cs.montana.edu
Thu Apr 1 17:38:16 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 13:27, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> If anyone knows of a good resource detailing how to enable multiple
> stream support on an SB Live! (or just multiple stream support in
> general) under ALSA I would be highly interested.  I've been looking for
> some useful information on this front for a while.  If there's another
> card that's easier to get multiple stream support on that works well
> (playback and recording) that would be good to know too.

My SBLive! never had to be specially configured.  My benchmark to make
that I can play multiple streams at once, is to play music in XMMS, and
then a video file with mplayer.  If both work, good, otherwise, not so
good.

As I said, my SBLive! had no such issues, the on-board sound on my
nForce3 board does have these issues though.
--
Jeff Craig
GPG Key ID: 326DDC98