[ut2003io] 10 avg FPS. What the ... ?

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Fri Feb 20 10:12:20 EST 2004

Ken Cantwell wrote:

> My setup (two-year-old Pogolinux Altura) is:
>   processor: Athlon-XP 1800+ (1.53 Ghz)
>   memory:    768MB
>   graphics:  NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti-200 64MB
>   router:    Netgear MR814
>   broadband: 3000Kbps up, 256Kbps down
>   OS:        Mandrake Linux 9.1
>   driver:    NVIDIA 1.0-5336 (the latest)
>
> Is UT2004 telling me that it's time for a new graphics card?
> That seems to be the most borderline item.

I've got a system very similar to yours (same processor and vid card).
You don't mention what resolution you are running at. I run the game at
800x600. When I'm in the middle of a massive firefight, there are some
slowdowns. Other than that, it plays fine. Having said that, I haven't
done any fps readings. I'm sure it's well over 10 though.

My distro is a heavily modified version of Slackware 9.0 with the 2.6.2
kernel.

Matt