[ut2003io] ut2003 command launching to connect to server doesn't work under xqf (gamespy clone) for linux

tk Voice tkVoice at netscape.net
Mon Feb 2 01:03:17 EST 2004

Okay I just blew away my ~/.ut2003 directory (and everything below it.)

Now I can connect via xqf launcing :)

Only the game did not set up my newly created ~/.ut2003 with the correct
defaults as the only button on the keyboard that works is the ~ (at
least I can quit the game from the console)

I went fishing in the /usr/local/games/ut2003/System directory and found
two(2) default ini's:
DefUser.ini  Default.ini

I copied:
 /usr/local/games/ut2003/System/DefUser.ini to ~/.ut2003/System/User.ini
and
 /usr/local/games/ut2003/System/Default.ini to ~/.ut2003/System/UT2003.ini

and now all works good :)

Isn't the game supposed to send these files to a newly created home
directory automatically?

all is well that ends well :)