[ut2003io] ut2003 command launching to connect to server doesn't work under xqf (gamespy clone) for linux

Thomas Otto 3.1415926535897932384626433832 at gmx.net
Sun Feb 1 09:37:07 EST 2004

> In fact the only problem I had was the one where it will sometimes come up
> windowed instead of full screen.  A restart usually fixes this, but it's more
> of a problem when you're being directly connected to a game.

This is usually when you click somewhere else so another app than the
splashscreen has the input focus while starting. When it does that just
focus the ut2003 windows and hit Alt+Enter, it will go into fullscreen mode.
Alt+Enter again will get you a windowed mode again, then hold Ctrl+g to
be able to drag the mouse out of the window (IIRC these features are
provided by SDL).

Also (given you are not connected to a server, it would timeout if you
keep the game stopped for longer) "killall -STOP ut2003" will halt the
game and thereby stop hogging the CPU (yet not the RAM) and
"killall -CONT ut2003-bin" will allow you to continue - so much about
about my humble ut2003 magic :)

       -Thomas