HL2 (Was Re: [ut2003io] Microsoft = Epic's new publisher?)

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Thu Sep 18 07:25:55 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 00:10, Dana Olson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 22:16, Michael wrote:
> > OpenGL isn't going anywhere
>
> Sorta like "Linux Gaming"

Speaking of which, what's this group's take on the recent announcement
that Linux devotees would be still be "allowed" to run HL2 servers, but
that there will still be no client for the platform? Frankly, I'm not
buying the game because of the whole Steam issue, but I'm interested in
what other people's opinions are on Valve's positioning with their new
product.