Linux Install from CD

.|MoNK|Cucumber . realcucumber at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 04:03:18 EDT 2003

Using Redhat8 doing a fresh install of UT2003 from CD... the CPU
soars to 100% and memory used gets to 980MB of 1000MB - so it makes
the system unusable pretty much.

The install took about an hour...  (on XP on the same machine
different partition it took only 10 mins).

I noticed during the install that it was constantly trying to
contact /dev/fd0 also during the install, which seems strange.

Did everyone else that installed the game on Linux notice this or is
it just me?

Specs:
-Redhat 8 using Ximian Desktop
-Intel D875PBZ Board
-Intel P4 2.4C/800mhz
-Corsair 2.5Cas 1GB Dual DDR400
-Lite-On 52x
-Seagate 80GB 7200RPM ATA100
-Geforce4-ti4400/128MB DDR

*PS - the game actually runs really well and the linux auto-updater
is sweet also.  I was pleasantly suprised at how well the game runs
under Linux.