[ut2003io] Linux Performance

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Sat May 31 01:46:27 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 16:14, tk Voice wrote:

> Yes the benchmarks use what ever you have picked in your user settings.
>
> i.e. Resolution, Color Depth, Texture / World / Character / Physics
> Detail and Audio MODE user settings ALL play a major roll in benchmarking.
>
> Lower you resolution to 640x480 and run a benchmark test and you will
> see a big difference.
>
> Even stranger change your AUDIO MODE from "Software 3D" to "Hardware 3D"
> and you will notice a big difference too.

I've been "playing along at home," and I'm perplexed. Nothing I do makes
any difference in my framerates. Hardware/software audio (in
botmatch-citadel only) makes no difference. I get 79 fps in
flyby-antalus. I've tried 1024x768x32 down to 640x480x16. 79 fps every
time. I've also tried all the different extra detail options (leaving
all the detail _settings_ to normal). 79 every time.

It's obviously not reading the settings I'm choosing in the game. I have
it installed in my home directory. Could this be the difference?

dk