[ut2003io] Linux Performance

Andrew Pilley ashridah at icculus.org
Thu May 29 20:34:29 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 10:08, Jeff Mrochuk wrote:
> > > Also, you may want to enable SBA and Fast Writes. To do this,
> > > edit your
> > > modules.conf file and put in this:
> > >
> > > options nvidia NVreg_EnableAGPSBA=1 NVreg_EnableAGPFW=1
> >
> > Be careful with these settings.  They can introduce instability on some
> > chipsets, which is why they're turned off by default.
>
> Howabout on the Nforce2?  Also, do they create a significant speed
> boost?

as he said before, it varies between chipsets. From my own benchmarks on
an asus A7V (kt133 chipset), i found that they only offer statistically
insignificant amounts of frames, but it does seem to go up a little.
this is based on observations in quake3, mind you. i haven't really
benchmarked ut2003 with the options both off and on.

ashridah

--
Andrew Pilley <ashridah at icculus.org>