[ut2003io] Linux Performance

Dan Trevino dantrevino at wrevolution.org
Thu May 29 11:55:01 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 09:56, David Krider wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 02:01, Dana Olson wrote:
>
> > Check:
> >
> > cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/*
>
> Indeed. I found that my "Fast Writes" and "Site Band Addressing" were
> both disabled. I googled on this stuff and found a page that told me how
> to enable it. (Strange; I grepped for "NVreg_EnableAGPSBA" in the NVidia
> driver README, but didn't see how to do this.) Anyway, my flyby and
> botmatch scores are exactly the same after doing this, but I would
> testify that my framerates are twice as fast in-game. Whether or not
> they actually are, everything is _much_ smoother now.
>
> Thanks!
> dk

Okay, I stfw, and keep coming up with windows specific info.  What
exactly did you search for?  Or, can you provide a link?  Here is my cat
/proc/driver/nvidia/agp/* and part of my XF86Config...anything else I
should look at?  Specifically, why does my driver show AGPGART?  Is that
desired?

Fast Writes:     Supported
SBA:             Supported
AGP Rates:       4x 2x 1x
Registers:       0x1f000217:0x1f000104
Host Bridge:     VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8367 [KT266]
Fast Writes:     Supported
SBA:             Supported
AGP Rates:       4x 2x 1x
Registers:       0x1f000217:0x00000104
Driver:          AGPGART
AGP Rate:        4x
Fast Writes:     Disabled
SBA:             Disabled

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "gef"
    #Driver      "nv"
    Driver      "nvidia"
    VideoRam    131072
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection

TIA
dan
--