[ut2003io] Linux Performance

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Sun May 25 09:56:47 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 02:01, Dana Olson wrote:

> Check:
>
> cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/*

Indeed. I found that my "Fast Writes" and "Site Band Addressing" were
both disabled. I googled on this stuff and found a page that told me how
to enable it. (Strange; I grepped for "NVreg_EnableAGPSBA" in the NVidia
driver README, but didn't see how to do this.) Anyway, my flyby and
botmatch scores are exactly the same after doing this, but I would
testify that my framerates are twice as fast in-game. Whether or not
they actually are, everything is _much_ smoother now.

Thanks!
dk