Updater crashing

Matthew Arnold marnold at ez-net.com
Tue Mar 25 18:17:29 EST 2003

I just upgraded to Mandrake 9.1 and tried to reinstall UT2K3. The game
installed fine and then I ran loki_update to update it. The updater
segfaults when trying to update from 2107 to 2126. Here's what I get under
"details":

./update.sh: line 62: 11520 Segmentation fault      loki_patch --verify
patch.dat
The program returned an error code (1)
Update failed

I remember some Debian sid folks had problems with this because of glibc
2.3. I assume I'm experiencing the same thing since Mandrake 9.1 now uses
this too. I remember there being some fix or workaround, but I don't
remember exactly what it is. I couldn't find it on Google or in the FAQ.
I'd prefer to use the updater instead of the tarball.

Thoughts?
   Matt