[ut2003io] 2225 on RH 9 crashes

Andrew Pilley ashridah at icculus.org
Mon Jun 23 05:40:59 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 06:21, Ian Hastie wrote:
> On Sunday 22 Jun 2003 21:03, Paul Berger wrote:
>
> Strange, my log in ~/.ut2003/System/UT2003.log is just straight ASCII as far
> as I can tell.  So is the ucc.log I got when I tried running a server.

This depends on what your language settings are. it seems the log output
is rewriting the data as unicode when you've got LANG/LC_ALL or whatever
set to a unicode characterset. standard C or en_US will typically not
use unicode, so won't have anything weird in it.
as suggested, using a quick command to strip out the unicode characters
does the trick.

ashridah

--
Andrew Pilley <ashridah at icculus.org>