[ut2003io] 2225 on RH 9 crashes

Deaths_Ride deathsride at kmts.ca
Sun Jun 22 12:51:16 EDT 2003

Hi,
I had the same problem.  I also have a 9700 pro and could not get stable
ATI drivers to save my life in Red Hat 9.  I used the drivers from
http://www.schneider-digital.de/html/download_ati.html and they work
fine for the first 5-10 minutes then they freeze the game, no matter
what game it is (Quake 3, UT etc...) So I tried turning off GL
extensions and it seems to work better, although in Q3 punkbuster would
kick me from most games because this is considered a cheat:(.  Here is a
forum for Linux ATI drivers and you will find similar posts to the
problem all over....
-----Original
Message-----http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?s=e8d4244fcb417
1b14e01492f3598aa5c&forumid=61
The solution for me temporarily was to go back to windows, I have been
checking http://www.linuxgames.com  and www.linuxtoday.com every day
waiting for the official ATI drivers in hopes that they would fix this
problem, but to no avail:(.
Just letting you know your not alone in this frustration.
Don