ut2003demo 2226: mouse/keyb issue and can't benchmark

Dexter Filmore Dexter.Filmore at gmx.de
Sun Jun 22 17:06:01 EDT 2003

System setup: AMD AthlonXP with Slackware 9.0, glibc 2.3.1, custom 2.4.20 with
ATI fglrx 2.9.12 module driving a Radeon 9700 in XFree86 4.3, ut2003 demo
build 2226. Game engine itself works just fine, but three issues:

1. Mouse. no matter how I set up the mouse for in-game, at a flick of the
wrist acceleration kicks in so bad that I can't tell what direction the
character will be facing the next moment. Even if I crank up accel threshold
to 100, sensitivity is at 7.50. Tried lower values, too, but seems to be an
accel issue, not sensitivity. What can I do here?

2. keyboard: am from germany, got a german keyboard. I like having primary
fire on AltGr, the key right next to space which is just Alt on english
keyboards where AltGr doesn't exist at all afaik. when pressing AltGr in keyb
setup, it reads "None", key won't respond in game. I've experienced similar
behaviour in other games, too - looks like developers are unaware of this
special situation with german keys.
Is there something I can do about that? Maybe even in general?

3. when I go to the Benchmark dir and try to launch any of the shell scripts,
I get:

../System/ut2003-bin: error while loading shared libraries: Engine.so: cannot

The demo itself works fine, the benchmarks don't.

Greetings,

Dex

--

Against TCPA - nothing fights like the opposition
http://www.againsttcpa.com