Spotlights (LightEffect=LE_SpotLight) in OpenGL?

Alex Burger alex at fragit.net
Wed Jul 30 10:22:51 EDT 2003

Hi.

I'm working on some code that uses a light with LightEffect=LE_SpotLight
and bDirectional=True (SpotLight class).

When using this with DirectX (D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice) on Windows it works
fine but when I use it with OpenGL (OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice) I get
no light!

If I change it from a SpotLight to LE_NonIncidence the light works in
OpenGL, but obviously it's not the effect I want...

The spotlight doesn't work on both Linux and Windows when using the OpenGL
driver. One machine has a GeForce 3 TI200, and the other a GeForce 4 4200.
Both have the latest drivers from NVidia.

Is this a known limitation of OpenGL, or is it a driver or code issue?

Alex