[ut2003io] ut2mod Installation

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Fri Jan 10 13:48:11 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 10:41:26AM -0600, Matthew Arnold wrote:
> I've asked this before and I'll ask again. Is there or will there ever be
> any support for ut2mod files in Linux? UmodPack doesn't support it and I'm
> guessing that it never will.

Hmmm. Well, you know, "is anyone doing XXXX?" is a well known way of
volunteering to do XXXX...

> I managed to get the Clone Trooper model to install using the zip file
> version. Is this going to cause trouble for me the next time I want to use
> the auto-updater since I edited XPlayers.int? Thankfully, I backed that
> file up before editing it.

Possibly. Who knows?
The guys at http://linuxgaming.net/ seem to like the idea of
producting setupified versions of mods, currently they have one of
deathball, and a poll up about it... You might like to have a look.

And if you sign up for an account there, then you can get rid of the
thoroughly repulsive default theme [linuxgaming 1, linuxgames 0]
</troll>

Gary (-;