[ut2003io] Serious issues

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Thu Jan 2 16:46:43 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 03:42:43PM -0600, David van Hoose wrote:

> Never heard of zisofs, but joliet and rockridge come to mind.
> Most everyone does use iso9660 as it is the standard for CDs. If someone
> uses auto, then of course the command-line arg is best for override.

zisofs is a compression thingy. Lets you have the image itself on the
CD compressed, and decompression is done in the kernel.

> >Oh - And you can use the command-line to point at the CD, if you want;
> >SETUP_CDROM env.variable and variants thereupon are your friends.
>
> I tried to specify my CD path to the installer, but it still read my
> fstab destructively. I'll try the SETUP_CDROM next time. Is that the
> mount path or the device path?

The point of it is that it doesn't actually have to be a CD. You could
bopy all the files off, and point setup_cdrom at those. Or, say, if
you used my unreali installer, you could just point it at an installed
windows version.

or NAS or or or or or

Gary (-;