[ut2003io] Serious issues

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Thu Jan 2 16:23:51 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 03:07:40PM -0600, David van Hoose wrote:
> Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> >
> >>During installation, the installer probed every removable drive in my
> >>fstab for each and every action during the installation. I had to
> >>remove my floppy and zipdrive lines out of my fstab just for the
> >>installation to not take 3 hours. The installer should *NEVER* read
> >>the fstab.
> >

> >This is a bug in the installer; it's reading the fstab because it's
> >looking for the game CD.
>
> Then it should read /dev/cdrom not the fstab. A command line argument to
> find the correct path to the CD should suffice. If all else fails, a
> 'grep -i "iso9660" /etc/fstab' should return a line with the mount
> directory.

There are formats for CDs other than 9660 [zisofs immediately springs
to mind], and some people have the fstype on their CD as "auto", which
is, interestingly enough, the same as a floppy usually.

/dev/cdrom on my machine is different from the CD that I installed
UT2k3 from. And on most of the other platforms setup runs on,
something as simple as /dev/cdrom is blue-yonder thinking.

Oh - And you can use the command-line to point at the CD, if you want;
SETUP_CDROM env.variable and variants thereupon are your friends.

Gary (-;