For those that misunderstood this...

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Sun Feb 16 10:13:16 EST 2003

1) There is no autoupdater patch (the .sh.bin files) for the dedicated
server any more. Use the tarball.

2) For the Linux client, if you want the autoupdater patch, use the
autoupdater. I don't want to field anymore questions from people that
broke their installations trying to manually apply the .sh.bin files
that are meant to be applied automatically by the autoupdater, so I'm
not listing URLs for these files anymore.

3) The tarball will work with both the retail installation and the
freely-downloadable dedicated server.

4) If you want to mirror the autoupdater patches, please send me an
email so I can put together a list of people to notify of where to get
them for the autoupdater network.

--ryan.