[ut2003io] Problems with update?

Ian Romanick idr at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 13 17:54:27 EST 2003

Andrew Pilley wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 06:54, Ian Romanick wrote:
>
>>When I try to run the ut2003lnx_full2186.sh.bin script, it bombs out
>>with "Can't find /usr/local/games/ut2003/System/XInterface.tmt".  There
>>are several other (assumedly language specific) XInterface files there,
>>but .tmt is not one of them.  So, I tried to use updater/update.  That
>>bombs with "ut2003 not found, are you the one who installed it?"  Even
>>supplying the full path to the installation did not help.
>
> the automatic updater must be run as the user who installed ut2k3, make
> sure that's the case.

There's only two users on this box:  root & idr.  I've tried it as both,
and I got the same result each time.  I installed it as idr, and there
*IS* a directory called ~idr/.ut2003/System with some files in it.

> failing that, you'll need to download the previous updates, i suspect
> that "full2186" is a bit of a misnomer, and it's actually incremental.

So, where would I find that?  The downloads section on
unrealtournament2003.com doesn't have them.