Problems with update?

Ian Romanick idr at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 13 14:54:03 EST 2003

So, I'm trying to install UT2k3 so that I can fix the bugs in the DRI
drivers that prevent it from being playable.  I spent the 2+ hours
installing, and I downloaded the 2186 patch that removes the need for
EXT_texture_compression_S3TC.

When I try to run the ut2003lnx_full2186.sh.bin script, it bombs out
with "Can't find /usr/local/games/ut2003/System/XInterface.tmt".  There
are several other (assumedly language specific) XInterface files there,
but .tmt is not one of them.  So, I tried to use updater/update.  That
bombs with "ut2003 not found, are you the one who installed it?"  Even
supplying the full path to the installation did not help.

What gives?