[ut2003io] Unreal 2

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Wed Feb 5 02:03:40 EST 2003

> So how (im)possible would it be to make the UT2003 run Unreal2?

I would guess it would be highly unlikely, if not impossible.

The reason Chunky's (incredibly cool) hack to let you play Unreal 1 with
the UT engine works is because there is basically NO game-specific C++
code in Unreal 1 (that's all written in UnrealScript). I don't think
you'll have this luxury with Unreal 2. I could be wrong, this is just
based on my experience with Epic's and Epic's licensee's development
habits and design goals.

--ryan.