[ut2003io] I can die happy...

[Apoc]Death death at apoc.org
Sat Apr 19 11:20:13 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 04:38, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> ...it took 12 hours, but I finally tracked down why Linux UT2003 clients
> can't connect to passworded servers.
>
> The fix will be in the next patch.
>
> --ryan.

To go on top of the fixed redirected downloads?!  Pardon my saying so,
but goddamn, Ryan...  It's my birthday tomorrow (quarter century, baby!),
and this patch is lookin like one of my best presents (another will be my
processor upgrade ;) )...  THANK YOU!!!!

Oh, and we just blew the past week running 14 hour days isolating
and solving the Mystery Bug from Hell at my lab, also initially
experienced/reported by me...  When I find bugs lately, Ryan, they've been
the foulest of the foul...  Just my luck, I guess...  Damn glad we're all
getting around to squashing those little bastards, though!!!

(WARNING to everyone out there, be aware of very sporatic data corruption
with the VIA KT133 chipset and high volume DMA transfers!!  A BIOS upgrade
seems to have solved our problems, but we've got a year of data rot that
needs to be dealt with now!!  Uber-assy!!)

Take it easy,

Rob

[Apoc]Death (AKA Rob Gutermuth)    death at apoc.org
Clan Apoc Server Administrator     http://www.apoc.org