[ut2003io] radeon 9700 - all ATI users

Paul Berger sanepsycho at globaldialog.com
Fri Apr 4 18:40:25 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 15:25, David Hedbor wrote:
> How does it compare to windows? Meaning, how good/bad are these
> drivers, really? I'm about to buy a new box and right now I'm leaning
> towards GeForce 4 Ti 4600. I am thinking about the Radeon 9700 too but
> alas, I run Linux almost exclusively, so good Linux GL performance is
> a must.

Right now I can't give a comparison of the Linux vs Windows drivers
since I run exclusivly Linux on my system currently.  I'm going to be
building a new system soon here and plan to have a windows partition on
it, so I may be able to give some useful information in the future.

At this moment I would say nVidia's Linux drivers are of better quality
for Linux.  In a few more releases ATI's may be more on par with
nVidia's, if I did not care about Open Source 3D support, I would go
with a nVidia based card.

Regards,
Paul