TNT2 on Linux

Bryan Field-Elliot bryan_lists at netmeme.org
Mon Sep 30 15:18:45 EDT 2002

I'm running RH Linux 7.3.

I had a Voodoo3 card, but upon trying to play UT2003, I got the
"DXTC/S3TC support" error.

Reading the README file, which said "you should pop an Nvidia card into
your machine", I went out and bought a TNT2 (32MB) card and, as
instructed, popped it in.

Now I'm still getting the same error, and a little digging around with
google revealed that, perhaps, the TNT2 chips don't support S3TC, and
that what I really need is a card with a Geforce2 chipset.

Is this the case? At the least, the readme should be updated with the
more specific information. Or, if there's a workaround to get UT2003 to
work with my shiny new TNT2 card, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Bryan